I take a relational approach in psychotherapy to help you grow and heal. My goal is to empower you to make choices for a more satisfying life. My style is warm and caring while actively engaged in working through your various concerns and challenges. I am supportive and nonjudgmental as well as genuine and direct. I utilize a combination of evidence-based treatments that include interpersonal, cognitive-behavioral, and mindfulness techniques. In therapy, the goal is not to make unpleasant feelings go away. Instead, I help people trust their own emotions and see them as messages about how their life decisions align or don’t align with their core values.
I value your experiences within the context of your upbringing and lived experiences. Additionally, I always consider your cultural identities (e.g., as a woman, person of color, LGBTQ, etc.) and how they are related to your life. Through my academic work, clinical training, and life experiences, I understand and value intersections of identity at the individual level and at a systemic level (i.e., institutional sexism, racism, homophobia). As an Asian American woman who grew up in a non-traditional Chinese/Taiwanese immigrant family, I understand there is a lot of within-group differences as well as shared cultural experiences. I am progressive in my social and political beliefs and support causes that protect civil and human rights.
- Stress management, burnout
- Work-life balance
- Depression, Anxiety
- Identity issues regarding culture, race, gender, sexual orientation
- Multicultural concerns, such as discrimination (racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc.), sexual harassment, cultural conflicts, Asian American issues
- Career concerns
- Relationship issues
- Managing parenthood
- Early and mid-career professionals; graduate students
- Individuals working in tech industry, higher education
- Racial and ethnic minorities, immigrants
- Women, men, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals
Psychotherapy sessions are typically 50 minutes. Currently all appointments are provided via online video sessions (HIPAA-compliant) for clients in California.
Contact me for a free 15-minute consultation:
If my services are not a good fit for you, I will provide appropriate referrals.